Soup with six green veges
- Heat a heavy saucepan, then add 2 Tbsp of oil and the leeks and sauté over a gentle heat until soft and tender.
- Add the silverbeet and 1½ cups of the peas and cook a further minute, stirring gently, before adding the stock.
- Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and drain, catching all the liquid in a bowl.
- Purée the vegetables in a blender or put through a mouli, then return the purée to the pan, along with the reserved liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a frying pan. Add the celery, fennel and broccoli and stir-fry until the vegetables start to soften but still have a slight crunch.
- Tip the vegetables into the puréed soup with the remaining peas and heat gently. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, ladle into heated bowls and garnish with fresh herbs and a few spring onion slices in the centre of each serving.