Smoked fish, potato gnocchi, pumpkin and sage
( SERVES 4 )
- Preheat the oven to 200C and bring a deep saucepan of salted water to the boil.
- Remove the pumpkin skin and seeds and cut the flesh into thick chunks.
- Place in a roasting dish with a little olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 30 minutes, remove from the oven and transfer to a suitable plate.
- While the pumpkin roasts, drop the gnocchi into the boiling water and leave until they float to the surface.
- Drain, toss through some olive oil and set aside. Tear the fish into coarse chunks.
- Heat a little butter in a frying pan and sauté the gnocchi until golden brown.
- Add the sage leaves, tomato, pumpkin and smoked fish, gently tossing to combine.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until the fish is heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in warmed bowls with a squeeze of lemon juice over the top.