Senorita’s egg, sausage and beans
|3 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|2||Red onions, small, finely diced|
|3||Garlic cloves, peeled and crushed|
|250 g||Chorizo sausages, roughly chopped|
|1.2 kg||Canned tomatoes, chopped|
|1 Tbsp||Tomato paste|
|1 Tbsp||Worcestershire sauce|
|2 Tbsp||Brown sugar|
|1 Tbsp||Red wine vinegar|
|800 g||Cannellini beans, tin, drained|
|2 tsp||Smoked paprika|
|1 cup||Flat leaf (Italian) parsley, roughly chopped|
|¼ cup||Parmesan cheese, grated|
|1 tsp||Freshly ground black pepper|
- Preheat the oven to 180 degC.
- Place a large frying pan on a medium heat. Add olive oil and cook the onions and garlic until soft. Add chorizo and sprinkle with smoked paprika.
- Cook until the chorizo is lightly browned. Add chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, mustard powder, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and sugar.
- Bring to the boil, lower the heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes. Then add cannellini beans and ¾ of the chopped parsley, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Pour the hot mixture into a large ovenproof dish (a paella pan if you have one), spread out evenly and crack the eggs on top.
- Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until the eggs are done to your liking.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with parmesan, remaining parsley and a pinch of smoked paprika.
- Serve with lots of fresh hot fresh bread or toast.