Pumpkin pizza with buffalo mozzarella, sage and roasted garlic
( SERVES 1 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
|1 Tbsp||Active dried yeast|
|1 tsp||Caster sugar|
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|¾ cup||Water, (warm)|
|1½ cups||Pumpkin, (peeled and chopped)|
|1||Buffalo mozzarella, (ball. available at supermarkets and gourmet food stores)|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper, (to season)|
|16 leaves||Fresh sage|
- Mix yeast, salt, sugar and flour together in a large bowl. Combine the oil and water and pour into a well in the flour.
- Mix, then knead on a bench for 10 minutes until smooth. If the dough is too sticky sprinkle over more flour over and continue kneading.
- Grease a bowl with olive oil and put the dough back in, cover and leave in a warm place to double - for about an hour.
- Punch the dough down, tip out and roll to desired thickness.
- One large pizza or a few small can be made and the dough can be stored in an airtight container to be used the next day.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Toss the pumpkin with 1 Tbsp of olive oil and season. Bake for 20 minutes until starting to soften.
- Separate the cloves of garlic, then peel and place in tinfoil with 1 tsp of olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Increase the oven temperature to 220C. Place the pumpkin and garlic on to the dough. Tear the mozzarella and place around the dough.
- Scatter the sage leaves and season. Bake on a pizza stone or a hot oven tray for 15 minutes or until golden and crispy.