Ginger nut cookies
Photo by Tamara West
Make a batch of cookie dough to cook now or keep in the freezer for fresh home-made biscuits when you need them.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add ginger, cinnamon and hazelnuts.
- Fold in sifted flour and salt and gently mix to a firm cookie dough.
- Press dough into a long even sized log on a sheet of baking paper. Wrap and refrigerate until hard. Store in the fridge for up to 10 days, or freeze and slice as needed.
- To cook, slice log into individual cookies approximately 1cm thick, lay out on baking paper on a baking tray and bake at 180degC for 10-15 minutes until golden. Cool and store in an airtight container.
- To serve, add a little ground ginger to icing sugar and dust over cookies.
Click here for more recipes using this cookie dough.