Chocolate peppermint slice
( SERVES 14 )
|1 cup||Self raising flour|
|½ cup||Cocoa powder|
|¾ cup||Desiccated coconut|
|180 g||Unsalted butter, melted|
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
|1||Egg, lightly beaten|
- Preheat oven to 180 degC.
- Grease and line a 20 x 30cm slice tin with baking paper.
- To prepare the base: in a large bowl, combine the flour, coconut, cocoa powder and sugar.
- Add the melted butter and egg; mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Press the mixture into the slice tin. Bake in the oven for approximately 10-15 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- To prepare the filling: into a medium-sized bowl, place the icing sugar, milk,
- peppermint essence and the melted kremelta; beat until thick and smooth.
- Pour onto the cooled base, spread evenly using the back of a metal spoon.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until set firm.
- To prepare the topping: place a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Melt the chocolate together with the oil stirring often.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the peppermint filling, tilting the slice to get an even coverage. Refrigerateuntil set.
- Cut into thin slices with a hot, dry knife.