Quick Mole Sauce
Mole is a generic name for a number of sauces used in Mexican cooking.
- Toast sesame seeds in a frying pan until lightly coloured.
- Combine with the pepitas and place to one side.
- Heat the oil in the frying pan. Saute the onion, until softened.
- Add the garlic and spices, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add the barbecue sauce, water and chocolate. Simmer until the chocolate is melted.
- Add the pepitas and sesame seeds. Cool a little then blend until smooth.
- Great served on baked chicken. Makes about 1 cup.