Pickled Pork with Parsley Sauce
( SERVES 6 )
|1||Onion, large, sliced|
|1½ kgs||Pickled pork, rolled and tied if required|
|2 Tbsp||Lemons, juice, and 2 strips of peel|
|4||Potatoes, peeled and halved|
|2||Carrots, thickly sliced|
Warm Parsley Sauce
- Wash the pork well under cold water. Place in a large saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Add onion, lemon juice and peel, bay leaves and peppercorns.
- Slowly bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer very gently for 2 hours.
- Add the potatoes and carrots during the last 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Put all the ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Thin with cooking water to achieve a pouring consistency.