Bircher muesli with dried fruit compote
Photo by Babiche Martens
- Muesli: In a medium-size bowl mix the rolled oats and juice, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning add the lemon, apple and yoghurt. Serve.
- Dried fruit compote: Put the apricots, figs and prunes in a small bowl.
- In a small saucepan put the juice, water, sugar, cinnamon and star anise, and bring to the boil.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved and it becomes a little syrupy, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and pour over the fruit, cover and let it soak at least overnight, or longer.
- Remember not to eat the star anise. They are very hard!
- Serve with the bircher and a dollop of yoghurt.