Raspberry and rosewater meringue kisses
Photo by Michael Craig
- Set oven to 100C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In a heat-proof bowl, place the egg white and salt and whisk using an electric beater until frothy. Add the sugar and place the bowl over a pot of simmering water. Whisk on high until mix is glossy and all the sugar is dissolved (test this by rubbing the mix between two fingers to feel for sugar grains).
- Once sugar is dissolved, removed from heat and add rose water. Whisk on high for a further 5 minutes.
- Spoon half of the mix into a separate bowl and stir the raspberry powder through one portion. Recombine the 2 portions of meringue mix so they are just very minimally swirled together.
- Using a piping bag and your nozzle of choice, pipe 3cm diameter ''kisses'' on to baking tray and place in oven for 1 hour.
- Once hour is up, turn off the oven but don't remove meringues until oven is completely cold.
- Whip cream and icing sugar together until soft peaks form.
- Take one meringue kiss and place a teaspoon of cream on to the flat surface. Sandwich this with a second meringue kiss.