Slow-cooked lamb chops
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1||Onion, large, finely sliced|
|2 cloves||Crushed garlic|
|4||Lamb shoulder chops, 200g each|
|1 can||Chopped tomatoes, 400g|
|½ cup||Stock, or water|
|1 Tbsp||Dried oregano|
|1 tsp||Smoked paprika|
|1 tsp||Ground coriander|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|1 cup||Minted peas, frozen|
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Heat oil in large oven-proof, flameproof casserole. Add the onion and crushed garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the lamb chops. Cook for a few minutes on each side before adding all the remaining ingredients, except the frozen minted peas.
- Cover with a lid and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Place in the oven for just over 1½ hours or until the lamb is tender.
- Stir in the frozen peas and return to oven for 15 minutes.
- Check seasoning and serve.