Easy Lamb Tagine
( SERVES 4 )
- Marinate the lamb in all the ingredients, except the prunes, for one hour at room temperature.
- Leaving the spice mix on the meat, saute the lamb on a low heat in a heavy cast iron casserole, frying pan or tagine. Allow 5 minutes to seal the meat.
- Add 5 cups of water, cover and simmer for 1 ½ hours.
- Take the meat out and reserve. Heat the sauce briskly to reduce further, then add the prunes.
- When the sauce has reduced and thickened (this will take 10 minutes), return the meat to the sauce and serve