No Fail Carrot Cake
( SERVES 8 )
This cake is moist and full of luscious spices. The secret is to ensure you drain the crushed pineapple properly. Put it into a sieve over a jug and push down with a wooden spoon.
|2 tsp||Baking soda|
|2¼ cups||Plain flour|
|1 tsp||Mixed spice|
|1 cup||Brown sugar|
|370 ml||Vegetable oil|
|2 cups||Carrots, grated|
|135 g||Canned crushed pineapple, very well drained|
Cream Cheese Icing
- Preheat the oven to 160 degC on bake.
- Mix the dry ingredients together. Then slowly add the other ingredients in order given. Pour into a greased 26cm ring tin.
- Bake for approximately 1¼ to 1½ hours or until a skewer comes out cleanly.
- Icing: Blend all the icing ingredients together vigorously using your food processor.
- Add more lemon juice if you prefer a sharper, more distinctively lemon flavour.
- You can use less icing sugar for a softer result, and more if you want thicker icing.
- When cake is cooled, add the cream cheese icing and serve. Or – decorate the cake with additional walnut halves and it does not need cream to accompany it.