Roasted carrot and pumpkin with tahini yoghurt dressing
This type of dressing usually accompanies grilled eggplant and tomato, but we decided to combine it with roasted vegetables to make it more suited to this time of the year. Dressing makes ¾ cup.
|4||Carrots, peeled and sliced into batons|
|¼||Pumpkin, peeled and thinly sliced|
|1 tsp||Moroccan seasoning, or sumac, a powder made from Middle Eastern berries|
|5 Tbsp||Tahini paste|
|125 ml||Plain unsweetened yoghurt|
|1||Lemon, Freshly juiced, and 1/2 tsp zest|
|1 clove||Crushed garlic|
|½ tsp||Ground cumin|
|2 Tbsp||Fresh parsley|
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Toss the vegetables in olive oil and scatter over a baking dish.
- Season with Moroccan spice mix or sumac, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast for 25 to 30 minutes. Check to ensure the vegetables are tender.
- Place the hot vegetables on a large platter.
- Allow to cool to room temperature while you make the tahini-yoghurt dressing by combining all the ingredients together and season with salt and pepper.
- Then drizzle the dressing over the vegetables, season with salt and pepper and top with microgreens and mint. Serve.