|1 cup||Plain flour|
|1½ tsp||Baking powder|
|1 Tbsp||Lemon, Juice & 1/2 grated rind|
- Sift the flour, cinnamon, salt and baking powder.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light. Add the eggs, beating the mixture until it is creamy.
- Add the lemon juice and rind, then stir in the flour mixture a little at a time.
- Put the batter into a greased, flat cake tin or tart dish. (I used one 20cm in diameter.)
- Press the stoned, halved plums into the batter, cut side up and close together.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup sugar mixed with ½ tsp cinnamon over the top
- Bake in a 180 degC oven for one hour.