Deli sandwiches: The Cubano
( SERVES 1 )
Photo by Tamara West
Warren Elwin makes deli sandwiches for lunch on days when you need something meaty.
- Cut a French bread stick in half (removing a little of the dough).
- Spread one half with mayonnaise and the other half with mustard.
- Layer slices of ham and roast pork on top of the mayo half.
- Add thin slices of Swiss or Edam cheese, top with bread and butter pickles (or sliced gherkins), close with the mustard side.
- Cut in half, and toast in a sandwich press till golden and crunchy.
Check out Warren's other deli sandwiches