Bok choy, cabbage and broccolini chicken noodles
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Tamara West
These noodles use three different cruciferous vegetables and make a quick, delicious and nutritious dinner. These vegetables, which get their name from the crucifix-like shape their four-petalled flowers reassemble, rate incredibly high in the nutrition stakes.
|3 cloves||Garlic, finely chopped|
|1 inch||Ginger, peeled and finely grated|
|1||Chicken breast, skinless, thinly sliced|
|¼ head||Green cabbage, chopped|
|1||Bok choy, chopped|
|1 bunch||Broccolini, about 8-10 stems, chopped|
|360 g||Soba noodles, dried|
|¼ cup||Soy sauce|
|1½ Tbsp||Rice vinegar|
|1½ Tbsp||Sesame oil|
|1 tsp||Vegetable oil|
|½ tsp||Brown sugar|
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large wok or frying pan on high heat. Fry garlic, ginger and chicken for 2-3 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 Tbsp vegetable oil and cook cabbage, bok choy and broccolini for 2-3 minutes until vegetables are bright green and tender.
- Cook noodles in boiling water until just cooked through.
- Mix soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, vegetable oil and brown sugar.
- Drain noodles and add to the vegetables in the wok, along with the cooked chicken and dressing. Toss everything together and serve.