Spiced cauliflower fritters with coriander and carrot yoghurt
Photo by Tamara West
These cauliflower fritters are yummy, they remind me of bhaji you get in Indian restaurants.
Makes approximately 12 fritters.
|¼ head||Cauliflower, finely chopped|
|2 cloves||Garlic, minced|
|1 tsp||Curry powder|
|¼ tsp||Ground cumin|
|¼ tsp||Ground coriander|
|¼ tsp||Ground cinnamon|
|½ cup||Self raising flour|
|½ cup||Cheese, grated|
|¼ cup||Parsley, chopped|
|1||Lemon, cut into wedges to serve|
Coriander and carrot yoghurt
- Heat oil in a large frying pan on medium heat. Fry cauliflower, garlic, onion and spices until cauliflower and onion are soft (5-6 minutes).
- Whisk flour, salt, eggs, milk, cheese and parsley together. Add cauliflower mixture and mix together.
- Heat oil in a large fry pan (preferably non-stick) and cook tablespoonfuls of batter for 2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Mix yoghurt, carrot and coriander together.
- Serve 3 fritters per person with a good dollop of coriander and carrot yoghurt and a lemon wedge to squeeze over just before eating.