Caramelised pork clay pot
( SERVES 4 )
“Caramelising food adds a depth of flavour that is definitely moreish. Cooking in a clay pot adds an air of authenticity.”
- Place the pork in a bowl with the oil, fish sauce, onion, garlic and pepper and toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes (optional).
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the pork mixture and stir-fry for 5 minutes or until the pork begins to brown. Add the soy sauce, sugar, water and lime (or lemon) juice and heat until simmering.
- Transfer to a clay pot or heavy casserole dish with a lid.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, until pork is cooked through and sauce is rich and syrupy. Garnish with lime wedges and fresh coriander, and serve with rice and a salad of mangoes.