Salmon in curry sauce
This Thai curry is also known as Chu Chee Pla Salmon.
- Gently heat the oil in a heavy frying pan. Add the curry paste and fry it gently until fragrant. Pour on half the coconut milk, stir to mix well, then bring to a simmer.
- Add the salmon, skin-side-up, and gently simmer for 3 minutes.
- Turn the salmon over, add more coconut milk to keep the mixture very sauce-like and simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- Season with fish sauce and palm sugar so the leading flavours hint of sweetness, followed by salty notes. The salmon should be served almost rare in the middle, so try to avoid overcooking.
- Serve on a plate, skin-side-down, and pour over the sauce. Garnish with chilli and lime-leaf shreds.