Fruit and nut truffles
Photo by Sophie Barclay
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place the nuts on a baking tray and roast in the oven for about 6–10 minutes. Watch carefully so that they don’t burn.
- Remove, and set aside to cool, then chop into small pieces.
- Now melt your butter and honey in a saucepan over a gentle heat, stirring until thoroughly combined.
- Add the nut butter and stir again until fully mixed. Add the raisins, chopped roasted almonds and cocoa powder and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and chill for 45 minutes in the fridge, giving the mixture time to firm up.
- Take small amounts of the mixture and roll into balls (depending on the size you like), then roll them in the coconut to coat thoroughly.
- Store in the fridge until ready to eat, or freeze until required.