- In a bowl, mix together the flour, sugar and salt.
- Add the oil and water to the dry ingredients and stir until you have a soft, slightly sticky dough.
- You may have to add a little more water to get all the flour off the sides of the bowl.
- Take half the dough and roll out on a large floured board until you have a square or rectangle and the dough is about 1cm thick.
- Brush the surface of your dough with just a little water (not too much or it will go soggy), then sprinkle with the poppy seed topping.
- Get your rolling pin and roll the surface gently to make sure the seeds stick.
- Cut the crackers however you like, into squares, rectangles or circles.
- Transfer to a greased baking tray and prick each one with a fork.
- Place the tray in a 230 degC oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until they are golden around the edges.
- While these are baking, roll out and prepare the other half of the dough. Once cooked, cool on a wire rack.
- If you don’t eat them all before they lose their crunchiness, pop them into a 180 degC oven to crisp up again.