Chicken breasts in lemon sauce
- Melt the butter in a wide-bottomed saucepan. Add the chicken breasts, skin side down.
- Cook gently without browning on both sides for about 5 minutes in total.
- Sprinkle in the flour. Mix well before adding the lemon zest and juice and tarragon, followed by the chicken stock.
- Cover the saucepan and place over a very gentle heat for 20 minutes so that the sauce barely bubbles.
- Check the chicken breasts are cooked – they should be very firm to the touch and the juices should run clear if a skewer is inserted.
- Stir in the crème fraîche or sour cream, and season to taste with salt and pepper.