Stir-fried Prawns in coconut & lime
|3 Tbsp||Cooking oil|
|2 cloves||Crushed garlic|
|1 tsp||Fresh ginger, finely grated|
|1||Long red chilli, finely sliced, seeds removed|
|2 tsp||Ground coriander|
|¼ tsp||Ground cardamom|
|1 tsp||Ground cumin|
|½ tsp||Ground turmeric|
|1 pinch||Chilli powder|
|2 Tbsp||Lime juice|
|1 can||Coconut cream, (400ml)|
|300 g||Cooked prawns, shelled|
|1||Green capsicum, chopped|
|1 to serve||Lime, (optional)|
|¼||Fresh coriander, or mint, or both, chopped|
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. When hot, fry the onions and garlic over a medium heat for 8 to 9 minutes until they’re nicely softened.
- Add the ginger, red chilli and all the spices. Stir in, then add the lime juice and coconut cream.
- Boil the coconut cream for 5 minutes to slightly thicken. Add the prawns and capsicum and return to a boil.
- Add the chopped coriander and mint.
- Taste to check seasoning, then serve with wedges of fresh limes if you have them.