Mini rhubarb and cinnamon muffins
Rhubarb makes a lovely dessert and it’s also good in baking, as the flavour adds subtle acidity to cakes, pies and muffins. These mini muffins make a sweet tea-time or mid-morning treat.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease 2 trays of mini muffin tins with extra butter.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a large bowl.
- Stir in the sugar. Mix the milk and egg together.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, then add the milk mixture and melted butter.
- Fold in the rhubarb. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tins so they are not quite full.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Cool the muffins on a rack.
- To serve, split in half and spread with a little butter. Makes 24.