Fish fillets in paper parcels
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan, then sauté the fennel and carrot over a medium heat until just wilted.
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Spread olive oil liberally over 4 sheets of baking paper or non-stick foil large enough to wrap the fish fillets.
- Arrange the fennel mixture and the reserved fennel fronds on the paper as a bed for the fish.
- Position the fillets on top, add the lemon slices, then the parsley and bay leaves.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, season with salt and pepper, then carefully fold in the edges to seal the parcel.
- Transfer the parcels to a baking tray (a scone tray is ideal) and bake for 8 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fi sh. Let it rest for 3 minutes before serving.
- When everyone opens their parcels, there will be a wonderful aroma as the juices spill onto the plate.
- Serve with a green vegetable or salad and buttery steamed new potatoes.