Lentil & Vegetable Crockpot
.A vegetarian delight
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan.
- Add the onions and carrots and cook - stirring - until the onions are soft.
- Stir in the curry powder then place in a slow cooker.
- Wash the lentils well. Place in the slow cooker.
- Add all the remaining ingredients - except the coriander - to the lentils.
- Cover and cook on low for five to six hours.
- Serve garnished with the parsley or coriander and serve with a crisp salad.
A vegetarian delight using low-cost, protein-packed lentils. No crockpot/slowcooker? Then place in a casserole, cover and cook for 1 & 1/2 hours at 170 degC. Or cook on very low heat in a heavy-based saucepan for 1 to 1 & 1/2 hours.