Thai-Style Stir-Fry with Coconut Cream
( SERVES 4 )
|3 Tbsp||Canola oil, or peanut oil|
|½ cup||Blanched peanut|
|1||Red capsicum, sliced|
|1 cup||Cauliflower, florets|
|1 Tbsp||Thai red curry paste|
|400 g||Chicken, skinned & boned, cut into 5mm wide strips|
|¾ cup||Frozen peas|
|½ cup||Coconut milk, up to 3/4 of a cup|
|1 Tbsp||Brown sugar|
- Place the peanuts in a wok or deep non-stick frying pan with one teaspoon of oil and stir-fry for one to two minutes, until golden.
- Lift out with a slotted spoon and place aside.
- Add a tablespoon more of the oil to the wok. Stir-fry the onion, carrot, pepper, courgettes and cauliflorets for two to three minutes, until crisp-tender. Remove to a bowl.
- Add the remaining oil to the wok and cook the curry paste on low heat for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the chicken, peas, coconut milk, sugar and peanuts. Cook for one to two minutes.
- Return the vegetables to the pan and stir to coat with the sauce. Great served on boiled rice or noodles.
Tip: To make cauliflorets, cut the cauli head into 2.5cm pieces. The vegetables can be varied according to the season.