Old-Fashioned Curried Sausages
( SERVES 4 )
Vary the recipe by adding a can of drained pineapple chunks, a chopped pepper (capsicum), frozen beans or corn.
- Heat the oil and gently fry the sausages on low heat, until lightly coloured. Turn frequently.
- Remove from pan. Cut each sausage into thirds.
- Saute the onions - stirring frequently - until softened and golden. Add the apple and saute for one minute.
- Stir in the curry powder, heat for about one minute, then add the soup, peas, sultanas or raisins, water, stock powder and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for about five minutes.
- Add the sausages and simmer for a further five minutes. Great served with mashed potatoes or rice.