Ricotta, blue cheese & herb tart
( SERVES 6 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
|200 g||Short pastry, or 2 sheets of bought|
|4||Spring onions, sliced|
|5||Garlic cloves, crushed|
|½ cup||Fresh herbs, thyme, tarragon, parsley or chives|
|200 g||Ricotta cheese|
|½ cup||Cream, or full-cream milk|
|100 g||Blue cheese, crumbled|
|½ cup||Walnuts, chopped|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a 22cm tin with pastry and bake blind. While that is baking prepare filling.
- Heat butter in a frying pan and add spring onion and garlic.
- Cook for 2 minutes until soft but not brown.
- In a medium-sized bowl mix herbs, ricotta, blue cheese, eggs, cream, spring onions and walnuts.
- Mix until well combined. Pour filling into tart shell.
- Place in oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until set. Serve warm and with a side salad.