Photo by Grant Triplow
You need a good goat's cheese for this; no cheap feta allowed. You could use other greens - the bitter varieties such as endive, mustard leaf or raddichio. Banyuls vinegar is a specialty French vinegar, made from Grenache grapes but you can use any good white wine vinegar.
- Slice watermelon into 4 cm slices and cut out with a circle cutter. Cut each round in half. If the watermelon is not sweet enough, juice the scraps.
- Add sugar to taste and let the watermelon sit in the syrup. Place in fridge to keep cool.
- Reduce 80ml of the vinegar until sticky, add pine nuts and let cool on tray.
- Wash all greens ready to use. Place in ice water if necessary.
- To make dressing, place finely chopped shallot, Dijon, vinegar, honey, olive oil and truffle oil in bowl and whisk together.
- To make salad take 5 pieces of half-circle watermelon and place on plate, dress the leaves and radish.
- Place goat's cheese in sliced pieces on top of watermelon. Scatter the leaves and the radish, sprinkle with pine nuts and dressing