Beef on Toast
Photo by Grant Tiplow
- Get your butcher to finely mince eye fillet, or slice it into thin slices for carpacio (allow approximately 30g each person).
- Wrap in cling film and pop in the freezer to firm for 10 minutes.
- Slice bread (white or brown) razor thin and bake until crisp.
- Baker piped the toast rectangles with a parfait which, with his permission I've modified to a pate, to make it more home kitchen-friendly.
- Lap the beef over the pate toasts and finish with the dressing.
- Dressing: Blitz the shallots, gherkins, and capers in a food processor with the rest of the ingredients.
- Do not make too fine a paste - leave somewhat chunky.
- Alternately, mix by hand. Season and reserve overnight before using.