Kokako's mushroom medley with avocado
Photo by Sophie Barclay
Start your day with this mouth-watering creamy mushroom medley.
|100 ml||Olive oil|
|200 g||Portobello mushrooms, sliced|
|10 g||Dried porcini mushrooms, sliced and soaked in 100ml water for 10 mins|
|2||Garlic cloves, thinly sliced|
|200 g||Button mushrooms, sliced|
|2||Carrots, peeled and diced|
|2||Celery stalks, diced|
|1 bunch||Fresh thyme, (small)|
|100 ml||White wine|
|1 loaf||Rye bread|
|1 to serve||Shaved parmesan|
- Heat oil in large pan until hot, add the field and button mushrooms, fry until golden brown, add garlic and cook for a further 2 mins.
- Remove from pan and then return the pan to medium heat.
- Throw in the onion, carrot, celery, thyme and cook until softened.
- Increase heat and add wine. Deglaze the pan and reduce the liquid by half.
- Return the cooked mushrooms and garlic to the pan, add Porcini and soaking water and cream.
- Heat through for a further 2 mins.
- Toast up your favourite rye bread and rub down the toast with a clove of garlic.
- Place toast on plate, top with the mushroom medley.
- Position a big wedge of avocado on top and shave some parmesan cheese over the lot.
- A poached egg goes well on top, as does a juicy vine ripened tomato.