Vietnamese Chicken & Noodles
( SERVES 4 )
|400 g||Chicken breasts, skinned and boned, thinely sliced|
|125 g||Dried vermicelli noodles, thin rice|
|1 Tbsp||Peanut oil, or canola|
|1||Kaffir lime leaf, julienned and chopped|
|2 tsp||Chillies, diced|
|2 tsp||Crushed garlic|
|3||Spring onions, sliced|
|2 tsp||Fish sauce|
|2 cups||Chinese cabbage, up to 3 cups|
|1 cup||Mint leaves|
|1 cup||Coconut cream, light|
- 1 cup each: mint leaves, light coconut cream
- Pour boiling water over the noodles in a bowl. Stand for 10 minutes then drain.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Saute the chicken for 3-4 minutes, until almost cooked.
- Add the kaffir lime leaf, garlic, chilli and fish sauce. Stir well.
- Add the spring onions, cabbage and mint leaves.
- Stir well then add the coconut cream and noodles. Heat through.