Quick smokey beef goulash
( SERVES 4 )
This stew is even better made ahead. If you have smoked paprika in the pantry, add a teaspoon to the pot.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large saucepan. Add the mince, garlic, capsicum and red onion.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes, occasionally stirring, over a moderate heat.
- Add oregano and continue to cook for another 5 minutes. Remove the lid.
- Add all the remaining ingredients. Bring to simmer, then reduce heat and cook for 20 minutes or so until the soup reduces into the thickness of a sauce.
- Season with pepper. Due to the salty nature of the soup you probably won’t need to add salt but check and add if needed.
- Serve with cooked pasta