|6 rashers||Streaky bacon|
|1||Apple, use a crisp apple such as Royal Gala|
|3 Tbsp||Apple cider vinegar|
|1 Tbsp||Maple syrup, or apple syrup|
|100 g||Blueberries, or boysenberries, frozen or fresh|
|1||Spring onion, finely chopped or fresh chives|
|130 g||Salad greens|
|2 tsp||Olive oil|
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Toast the hazelnuts by placing them on a baking sheet and bake for around 5-7 minutes, until just golden.
- As soon as they are cool enough to handle, rub the hazelnuts together vigorously in a tea towel to remove their skins.
- Chop the skinless hazelnuts roughly (don’t worry if some skin remains on them.)
- Spray the pan with oil, or add a dash of oil, and fry the bacon until crisp. Pat with a paper towel to absorb any excess oil. Core and slice the apple lengthways.
- Add the butter to the pan and sauté the apple slices over a medium-high heat for 2 minutes, until just coloured. Remove to a warm plate.
- Put the vinegar and apple syrup in the pan and just heat through. Add the fresh or frozen berries, stir and remove from the heat.
- Dress the greens and chives or spring onion in olive oil. Scatter over the bacon, apple and hazelnuts, then trickle over the berries and hot salad dressing. Serve immediately.