|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|4||Garlic cloves, crushed|
|500 g||Lamb mince, or beef, lean|
|1||Egg, lightly beaten|
|250 g||Pasta, 45cm x 28cm sheet fresh pasta, about 250g|
|400 g||Diced tomatoes, can|
|1 to taste||Freshly ground black pepper|
|150 g||Mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced|
- Steam the spinach, until wilted. Drain well, cool, then squeeze dry. Finely chop.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Saute the onion. Add the garlic and minced meat and stir-fry until lightly coloured.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer until almost dry. Stir in the spinach, egg and pepper. Cool.
- Place the sheet of lasagne on a flat surface. Spread the filling over the pasta to within 2cm of each side.
- Top with the mozzarella. Fold in the two long edges about 2cm.
- Moisten with a little water. Starting at a short end, roll up the pasta.
- Wrap in muslin or a clean chux cloth. Tie the ends and then every 3cm.
- Put 6cm of water in a large frying pan and bring to boil.
- Place the roll in the water, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Carefully remove roll.
- Remove muslin. Cut into 2cm pieces. Arrange on heat-proof plate.
- Drizzle with butter and sprinkle with parmesan. Grill until sizzling.