- Halve and peel the potatoes. Steam until cooked. Drain well and pat dry. Pass through a ricer, mouli or sieve while still warm.
- Sprinkle with the flour and salt. Add the egg and mix until well combined. Knead the dough briefly until smooth but not sticky.
- Divide into 4. Roll into a rope about 1cm thick and 30cm long. Cut into 2cm pieces. Repeat.
- To cook, bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil.
- Add gnocchi in batches and cook until most have floated to the top and they are tender.