Sweet Corn Chowder
( SERVES 4 )
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the diced potatoes and onion and partially cover with a lid. Cook, occasionally stirring, for 5 minutes or until the potatoes start to stick and the onion is tender.
- Dissolve the vegetable stock in water and add to the saucepan. Scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the saucepan.
- Stir in the creamed corn and bring to a simmer
- Turn the heat down to low and cook for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Season with pepper and cayenne pepper if you desire.
- Ladle into bowls and stir a little sour cream into each.
- Finally, add a dash of lime juice and coriander for extra taste.