Beetroot tarte Tatin
To make this you will need a 22cm pie dish.
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Drain the baby beets in a colander.
- Place sugar and salt into a small saucepan. Moisten the sugar and sides of the saucepan with water and vinegar.
- Place over a high heat and boil for approximately 8 to 10 minutes until the sugar becomes a bronze caramel.
- Then pour it immediately and carefully into the pie dish and allow to cool.
- Place the baby beets in a single layer on top of the caramel, then place the pastry on top of the beets.
- Ensure the edges are neatly tucked around the beets and pierce the pastry 10 to 12 times with the tip of a knife.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the pastry is golden. Remove from the oven and gently pour off any excess juices from the pie dish.
- Rest for 5 minutes before turning upside down onto a serving plate.
- Season with sea salt and pepper, cut into portions and serve each piece with a good dollop of salsa.