Passionfruit curd with buttermilk scones
Photo by Babiche Martens
- Preheat oven to 220C. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl and rub in butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Gently mix in buttermilk with a knife to make a soft dough. Tip mix on to a floured bench and lightly pat into shape.
- Using a scone cutter, a knife or a glass, cut into desired shape and put on to a greased tray.
- Brush tops with a little milk and bake for approximately 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- To make the curd, place the sugar and butter in a heavy based saucepan over a medium heat and stir until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved.
- Reduce the heat, whisk eggs thoroughly and add to the mixture with the passionfruit pulp, stirring continuously until thick.