Peanut Butter Freezer Biscuits
( SERVES 30 )
Freeze the dough, then cut into slices and bake when required.
- Finely chop peanuts in the food processor. Set aside.
- Place butter, peanut butter, sugar and egg in the food processor and cream well.
- Add flour and cinnamon and process until just mixed. Then mix the peanuts in by hand.
- Form the mixture into a log about 4cm in diameter and wrap in waxed paper.
- Refrigerate for at least three hours or freeze in an airtight container for up to six months.
- Preheat oven to 190 degC.
- Cut dough into as many 5mm slices as required and place on a baking paper-lined baking tray.
- Return unused dough to the freezer.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack