( MAKES 40 biscuits )
|200 g||Butter, softened|
|1 cup||Caster sugar|
|2||Eggs, lightly beaten|
|2 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|2¼ cups||Plain flour|
|½ tsp||Baking powder|
|3 Tbsp||Passionfruit pulp, fresh or preserved|
- Preheat oven to 170C. Line a large oven tray with baking paper.
- Cream butter and caster sugar, until light and creamy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla essence. Sift in flour and baking powder. Add passionfruit pulp. Mix to a soft dough.
- Spoon walnut-size pieces and place on the baking tray. Flatten with a fork dipped in flour. Allow room for spreading.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- To make icing, mix icing sugar, passionfruit pulp and enough water to make a spreading consistency.Spread over cooled biscuits.