Spaghetti with cockles and semi-dried tomatoes
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
|1 bunch||Fresh herbs, stalks included|
|500 ml||White wine|
|¼ cup||Olive oil|
|1||Red chilli, chopped|
|¼ cup||Salsa, verde|
|1 to serve||Lemon, wedges|
- Cook spaghetti as per packet instructions.
- In a large pot with lid on, heat wine and herbs, until boiling.
- Add cockles and steam for a few minutes until shells are all open.
- Give pot a shake after a couple of minutes. Strain, reserving liquid when they all open.
- While cockles are cooking, heat oil in a large frying pan, add garlic and chilli and cook until fragrant, 4 or 5 minutes.
- Toss spaghetti into frying pan stirring to coat with flavour.
- Add cockles, sundried tomatoes, and salsa verde and cup of liquid from the cockles' pot.
- Place into a serving bowl and add the fresh herbs.
- Serve with plenty of freshly ground pepper and lemon wedges.
- Dressing - Place all ingredients into a blender and blitz until well combined.