Scallops with crunchy Thai salad
( SERVES 4 )
|1||Carrot, small, cut into thin strips|
|1||Spring onion, thinly sliced|
|½||Lebanese cucumber, seeds removed and diced finely|
|½||Red chilli, chopped|
|1 cup||Fresh herbs, coriander, thai basil and mint|
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
- In a bowl combine spring onions, carrot, cucumber, chilli and herbs. Cover and place in fridge until needed.
- Place dressing ingredients in a jar and shake until well combined.
- In a frying pan, heat oil to a medium heat, fry scallops in 2 or 3 batches for 2 minutes each side. Set aside to keep warm.
- Tip half the dressing into pan and warm through while deglazing pan.
- Toss salad with remaining dressing. Place a little salad into four scallop shells.
- Top with 4 warm scallops and drizzle with warm dressing.