Baileys ginger kisses
A classic Kiwi baker’s delight with an Irish twist! Makes 24 kisses.
|40 g||Unsalted butter|
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
|1 Tbsp||Golden syrup|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|1 tsp||Ground ginger|
|1 to dust||Icing sugar|
Irish Butter Cream
- Preheat the oven to 190C on fan bake. Grease and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar in an electric mixer until light and pale. Add golden syrup.
- In a separate bowl sift all the dry ingredients.
- Gradually add the beaten eggs to the butter mix, alternating with the dry ingredients. Mix well to combine.
- Roll teaspoons of the dough into balls and press down gently onto the prepared trays.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until golden. Cool completely.
- For the Irish butter cream, combine the ingredients. Sandwich together the kisses with the butter cream.
You can also fill these with whipped cream mixed with a little Baileys. Preparing ahead is best, as these kisses need to soften in the fridge for the best results.