Smashed pea, goat's cheese, salmon and egg bruschetta
Peas with goats’ cheese makes a wonderful marriage – add salmon and an egg to take it to another level.
- Place peas and butter into a microwave-proof bowl. Microwave on a high heat, uncovered, for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Season and roughly mash with a fork. Add lemon zest, mix well. Set aside.
- To make bruschetta, brush bread with olive oil and grill until golden.
- Spread bruschetta generously with goat's cheese and spoon pea mixture on top.
- Divide salmon between the 8 pieces of bruschetta.
- Top each with a poached egg. Season and serve.
Cook’s tip: If you don’t use all the goat's cheese, store it in the fridge and serve later with roasted beetroot. They are divine together.