Sweet Yorkshire pudding and caramelised pears
Don’t be put off by the idea that a Yorkshire puddings are associated with roast beef – these sweet variations are incredibly delicious!
- Preheat the oven to 200 degC fan bake.
- Place a tray of 8 large muffin tins (10 x 5cm) into the oven for 20 minutes.
- Place the flour and sugar in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and add eggs, milk and vanilla paste. Whisk together until smooth.
- Carefully take muffin tins out of the oven. Divide 40g butter between the tins and swirl around, coating the inside of each tin.
- Pour in the batter and place tins in the oven. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden.
- In a saucepan, melt the remaining butter. Add the pears, ginger and honey. Toss and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve 1 to 2 puddings per person. Top with pears, blueberries and ice cream.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately.
Cook’s tip: Like a savoury Yorkshire pudding, these cannot be cooked in advance. Heating the muffin tray prior to cooking is very important.