Mint julep with sesame chilli prawns
Photo by Babiche Martens
- Crush the mint leaves in the bottom of each glass then add the crushed ice.
- Add the sugar syrup and 1 Tbsp of water. Add the bourbon and stir gently until the glass frosts, garnish with fresh mint.
- In a hot pan, cook the prawns in olive oil until they become pink. Toast the sesame seeds.
- When cool, carefully peel the prawns and return to a hot pan with the extra olive oil, chilli, chilli sauce, lime juice and sesame seeds.
- Toss the prawns to cover with the sauce then remove from the heat. Season and garnish with a little finely shredded mint if desired.