Fish Baked in Custard
Good for invalids
- Wipe your fish fillets clean and remove any black skin.
- Lay the fish in a greased and shallow baking dish and sprinkle with salt, a little white pepper, the grated rind and the onion.
- Then, break eggs in a basin, add the - our and a light seasoning of salt and pepper.
- Beat until smooth and add the milk. Pour this custard over the fish.
- Stand the dish in a tin containing some water and bake in a moderate oven until the custard is lightly set and browned (about 45 minutes).